Hello and Welcome back to my blog!
Today, well tonight, I’m going to give you a few tips on how to reduce the appearance of stretchmarks.
Let’s face it almost every woman and man will get at least 1 stretch mark in their life. Stretchmarks are a sign of the skin stretching to far. They can be caused by normal growth (Puberty), weight gain, pregnancy or having no elasticity in the skin. I’m going to be honest, I have had them since I was a teen! I have no elasticity in my skin. So getting pregnant in my teens, well you can guess what happened! Lol! My tiger marks grew on my belly, hips and thighs, I even found some on my bottom (haha).
“I have stretch marks! HELP ME”
First let me say that they are normal! Don’t be scared not to wear a bikini, don’t be scared to put on that sexy lingerie, stretchmarks are normal! Wear them proud and be confident in your body!
There is no cream, treatment or product that will 100% get rid of your stretchmarks. But you can reduce the appearance of them. There are many products that can help reduce the redness and slowly fade them. Hear are some of my top 3 picks:
- Bio Oil (RRP: $15)
- Palmers Stretch mark Coco Butter (RRP: $10)
- Welada Pregnancy Body Oil (RRP: $20)
But today, I would like to share 5 home remedies on how to reduce the appearance of them with household products.
- Grounded Coffee Beans- Coffee is a rich source of antioxidants. Coffee promotes blood circulation. The caffeine in the coffee helps reduce inflammation under the skin and tighten the skin. (Try making a home made coffee scrub)
- Sugar – Brown sugar is better but not that much. Again applying sugar to the stretchmarks helps exfoliate the area and also helps increase blood flow to the stretchmarks
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is a natural anti-inflammatory. Aloe Vera is loaded with amazing nutrients helping the stretchmarks to heal. (Why not plant an Aloe Vera plant outside, It has a lot of other benefits)
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent. Using lemon juice on stretchmarks can helps lighten the stretch marks from bright red, to a touch of light pink.
- Water – Keep Hydrated people! At least 10 glasses a day! Drinking water can improve elasticity in the skin.
Some other useful tips
- Avoid scratching them – being pregnant i’m guilty of doing this! Avoid scratching the stretch marks when they are itchy as scratching them will/ can make them even brighter and they might start weeping.
- Moisturize – Keep the skin hydrated
- Eat plenty of food that contain Vitiman A, C, D and E. Such as oranges, fish, milk , eggs, red meat, blue berries, spinach etc
I really hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you have any tips and tricks to help reduce the appearance of stretchmarks