Welcome Back To My Blog
Today, we have special guest Claudia from ClaudiaMarieFit. Claudia has agreed to participate in an interview about her blog. I came across her blog when I was browsing the net. I am glad that I found her blog as her blog inspires me. Claudia’s Blog has a range of topics from beauty, health and fitness. Please note that the following content was copied from an email interview with her. Thank you so much Claudia for participating. Links to her social media websites are posted at the bottom of the interview. Get ready to meet Claudia 🙂
Before I start answering Annalee’s questions, I would like to thank Annalee so much for reaching out to me and wanting to feature me on her blog. I find it truly amazing how blogging can bring people with similar interests together. I am always so passionate when it comes to empowering women and that is why I am so happy to be given this opportunity.
How did you come up with your name ClaudiaMarieFit?
Uh that was a tough decision because all the names I was thinking of at first were already taken. So, I had to be creative and try different variations.
- ‘Claudia’ is my first name, so I definitely wanted to have that component in my name – simply because that is who I am!
- ‘Marie’ is my third middle name (I know I have a lot of names lol) but also my alter ego kind of name. I am typically a mix between introvert and extrovert but Marie stands for ‘get out there and achieve what you put your mind to.
- ‘Fit’ came to me as I changed my lifestyle to becoming more fit and healthy and my love for fitness and working out.
What made you get into blogging?
- I have always been that person who loved seeing others being happy and smiling…that is truly when I am the happiest (I mentioned that in my ‘Happiness Tag’ here). It may sound cheesy but that comes truly from my heart.
- My family and friends always come to me for beauty and fitness advice and I love sharing my knowledge, tricks and tips. I love how I can now extend this to my blog ohana (=Hawaiian for family) and reach even more women.
- Once I obtained my 60lbs weight loss mark and kept it off, I thought to myself that I would love to start a blog where I hopefully will be inspiring and motivating other women. I know first-hand how difficult it can be to start a new lifestyle and moreover, to stick to it. Combined with my passion for beauty and traveling I created claudiamariefit.com. which I am so happy I did.
Why did you choose to Write Blogs instead of Video Blogging.
- That is a great question as I could imagine myself doing both but I guess I wanted to first try out how I am liking it to put myself out there and I feel as if blogging is a good start
- Also, I love to write and express myself that way. I feel it is very liberating to write about things I am passionate about.
How long have you been blogging for?
- I have started my blog about 1.5 months ago and I am loving it.
Do you have a favourite blogger or vlogger you like to follow?
- I feel like there are so many creative people out there and they are all great in their unique way but my very first blogger I followed was Cara from maskcara.com
Do you have a favourite Blog you have posted? Which one is it and why?
That is difficult as I put my heart into each one but…
- The most heartfelt post must be the “How I lost 60lbs” post as I put myself out there and make myself very vulnerable.
- My favourite post might be my very first one “Aloha and welcome to my blog” because I remember all the emotions I had while writing and publishing it.
What is your favourite Beauty Brand and why?
- High-end: Clarins – because I love their philosophy and their plant based approach to beauty
- Drugstore: NYX and L’oreal – I love how affordable yet great quality their products are.
What does your family and friends think of your blogging? Do they know?
- No, they don’t know as I wanted to start this journey for myself and see where it takes me.
Do you think you will still be blogging in the future (5years)?
- I can see myself continuing blogging for as long as I am passionate about it. Maybe the topics may change a little bit (I may talk more about anti-aging stuff the older I get lol)
Have you attended any blogging events or meet ups? What did you think?
- No, I haven’t yet but I would be totally down for that.
Do you have any beauty tips you would like to share?
- Tell yourself that you are beautiful! – I feel like we are often way too critical about ourselves. Would you talk to your best friend the way you talk to yourself? We don’t always wake up looking in the mirror seeing a beauty goddess – but we all have something unique about ourselves – embrace it!
- Accentuate the things you like about yourself. Do you have green eyes? Use some burnt reddish/brown eyeshadow to bring out the green even more. Do you like your smile? – Accentuate your lips with a sexy nude gloss or a bold red statement lipstick
- Never go to bed without taking your full makeup on
- Invest in good skincare products because your makeup will look even more flawless on a clean, healthy and moisturized base.
- Always use sunscreen!
Do you have any advice to those who are just starting to blog?
- If you have thought about it, than just do it. Sometimes we think too much and too long about things and even end up not doing it. Life is too short for not doing what you want.
- Think about what you are truly passionate about and then start posting about it.
- You may think that there are so many other bloggers out there who write about similar things but there is only one YOU out there and that will make the difference.
Mahalo (Thank you) so much for reading my interview and I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit. You can find me on the following social media sites
BLOG: I would love for you to check out my blog www.claudiamariefit.com and follow me if you like what you see.
EMAIL: If you have any questions or for any other purpose you can also email me: email@example.com
I love the interaction with other creative minds and I can’t wait to read about your thoughts on my posts and ‘virtually’ meet you.
Sending lots of Aloha your way!